Summer 2020 & Covid 19
We plan to open our doors for another amazing summer at Camp Lakotah on June 15th!
Unlike other camps that enroll hundreds of campers each week, Camp Lakotah has always limited enrollment! By design, we wanted a more intimate program that nurtured more personal relationships and more individual attention to the children we serve. We average 40 – 60 campers each week on a 125 acre parcel. We have been naturally social spacing since we opened our doors in 2009!
We whole-heartedly believe that children will be itching to get out of the house and back into routines! We also believe parents will be excited to see their kids having fun and gaining some independence! Positive interactions with peers and adult role models, trying new activities, and making new connections will help restore your child’s development and turn the page on feeling happy & confident once again!
Our youth have been faced with countless changes and disappointments from the cancellation of school and extra-curricular clubs, sports, family vacations and holidays to the seemingly endless days of not having much to do. Camp will be the perfect place for your child to regain independence and confidence and stop the loss of learning. Camp will help your child be better prepared for the routine of school and academics in the fall! We feel that the summer of 2020 will be the most important camp season in your children’s lives.
We will work diligently to follow the American Camp Association industry best practices, and guidelines from the CDC and our local Dept of Health, along with our own typically stringent cleanliness and safety measures. We have always taken seriously the cleanliness of our facility in assuring our guests safety and comfort and we know this is more important than ever.
Due to the uncertainty of the times, we are offering 50% off all deposits thru June 1st and waiving all change fees the entire summer! We will also allow any deposit to roll over to 2021 should your 2020 session need to be cancelled or changed making now a great time to enroll!
Reasons you can feel confident with your child at Camp Lakotah this summer:
- By design since we opened and by design now with even more intentionality, we social distance with ease! The focus of our program is out doors and in nature assuring your child gets all the fresh air, exercise and soul-lifting experiences without the potential risks!
- Our Camp facility has been closed for the season since November 16, 2019 assuring that our site has not been exposed to the virus thus far. And we plan to keep it that way!
- The geographical community surrounding our Camp has only recorded 4 positive cases to date assuring a low risk of incidence within 20 miles.
- Camp Lakotah has always been focused on health and safety of our campers and guests. But we are stepping it up a notch with more routine & thorough cleanings of common areas and an emphasis with all campers of the importance of hand-washing and covering a cough. Staff will be trained and refreshers offered weekly on all necessary protocols.
- As an industry, as business owners, but most importantly as parents & grandparents ourselves, we take the well-being of every camper as our #1 priority. Rest assured we will be diligently following ALL best recommended practices and guidelines as set forth by the CDC, Dept. of Health, and ACA on top of our already stringent playbook regarding camper health and safety. These measures may include frequent hand washing, temperature checking, less children in a confined sleeping area, less large group activities, revised meal service, and limiting number of campers in an activity area with thorough cleaning in between each activity period just to name a few.
Please feel free to call our remote office at 920-224-2735 if you have any questions! Your confidence is our utmost importance!