At Camp Lakotah, we understand parents’ concerns because we’re parents and grandparents, too!
Parents love that Camp Lakotah is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA) for quality programs, safety standards and more! You can rest assured our camp meets the highest standards in the industry. Not only do our counselors need to be experienced and certified, but they need to demonstrate to us that they have the skills, compassion and good old-fashioned common sense to be on our team!
Here are just a few reasons Lakotah is the Camp of choice for hundreds of families!
- Small and personalized. Every staff member (including the Directors) knows every camper. Campers know each other and feel that they are truly part of a family at camp.
- We are technology free. We focus on what really matters – growth as individuals and as a group. Through purposeful and “unplugged” play, campers use their imagination and creativity to make their own fun.
- Our program is based on building skills and developing friendships that last a lifetime.
- The staff are personally interviewed, screened, hired and trained by the owners/directors. Many have been campers themselves and have come up through our Leadership Training Program. Staff training is on-going and includes two plus weeks of intense training prior to the campers’ arrival.
- Kids need the opportunity to work through their differences and face challenges on their own. Our trained staff are there to provide the support and guidance needed to have a positive outcome. The real value of camp plays out the longer your child attends camp – which is why we recommend a two-week session. But we also understand not everybody’s schedule allows that much time so we also offer one week sessions!
- Campers experience a variety of cultures and make new friends from all around the US and the world. Camp is a great equalizer.
- There is healthy competition at appropriate times at camp with a focus on sportsmanship, teamwork, and fun. Everybody plays.
- Meal time at camp means sitting around the table and having a good conversation and practicing manners over a healthy, home-cooked meal. We pride ourselves on providing healthy meals that kids will love!
- “All-inclusive” (no extra fees) and competitively priced with other camps our size and duration. It’s a valued investment in your child!
Use this camp packing list to ensure your child has everything they need and nothing they don’t!
Every effort will be made to help campers keep up with their belongings and find lost items, but the camp cannot be responsible for lost items.
Bring enough clothes for the length of the session. Comfortable play clothes rather than expensive name-brand wear is preferred. Please talk with your child about taking care of and keeping up with belongings.
- A blanket or sleeping bag.
- 2 Sheets and Pillow
(Unless camper will use sleeping bag exclusively.)
- T-Shirts and Shorts
(Long pants of blue jean, corduroy, or other strong fabric required for horseback riding-no parachute pants for riding.)
- Shoes (at least 2 pair) and socks.
Shoes are required at all times at camp. One pair of sturdy leather – hiking type, at least one pair of tennis/athletic shoes, and one pair of water sandals is recommended. Flip-flops are only appropriate for showers and pool wear and will NOT be allowed in program areas.
- Swimsuits – at least 2
- Towels/bath cloths
(Toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Appropriate reading materials
- Stationery and Stamps
Driving Directions and local lodging guide
Located just 5 miles east of Wautoma directly on Hwy 21 we are conveniently located in the heart of Wisconsin in Wautoma!
N1875 21st Avenue
Wautoma, WI 54982
If you need a place to stay while dropping your child off or picking up, please consider staying at one of our local business partners!
415 Main Street, Wild Rose, WI 54984
W7696 State Road 21 & 73, Wautoma, WI 54982
W7015 Highway 21, Wautoma, WI 54982
W7607 State Road 21 & 73, Wautoma, WI 54982
If you have already created a family profile in our online registration system, you can visit your parent dashboard here.
From the dashboard, you can enroll your campers, complete forms, buy store cards, and make payments with ease!
If you have misplaced your log-in information, please give our office a call at 920-787-0123 or send a text message to 920-240-9260 and we can help you get it reset!
Online Registration Useful Information & Tips
We are excited to offer online registration to make enrolling and camper information easier than ever!
Below you will find some Useful Information & Tips to assist you as you navigate the enrollment process.
As always, if you have any problems or questions, feel free to reach us by phone at 920-787-0123 or by text at 920-240-9260